Uranium Industry is committed to creating long term value to all its stakeholders. We adhere to strict policies covering code of ethics, governance, safety protocols and environmental policies.
We understand that uranium mining can be associated with some social stigma considering the health and environmental issues that uranium mining, processing and use in nuclear power generation caused in its early history. However, significant scientific and technical progress has been made on all levels of the nuclear fuel cycle during the last decades. Today, professional uranium mining has eliminated the issues that the industry faced at its inception and being part of the nuclear fuel cycle, uranium extraction and processing today is one of the most modern and monitored areas of mineral resources exploitation. Uranium Industry a.s. is fully committed to maintain the good safety and environmental record of modern uranium mining companies by implementing the unique Czech know-how in the field of uranium mining, processing and remediation of areas affected by uranium mining.
Uranium Industry focuses on the use of In-Situ Leaching technology which does not directly impact the environment and the adjacent landform. The actual extraction occurs under the ground and neither produces waste, nor disturbs the landscape by the building up of heaps or slag tails. Due to the extraction and processing taking place in a closed cycle, when no open pit digging occurs on site, transportation and handling of radioactive materials is safe and poses no risk to the environment.
Our Environmental Management Plan is used comply with all state regulations and ensures we manage all risks.
Attention and resources are dedicated to the following:
• We take regular radiometric measurements on site
• We take regular air samples for measurement
• We provide proper equipment for storage and handling of all materials
• We have mitigation efforts in place to reduce the amount of eventual dust
• We conduct a monitoring survey in landscape changing and stability
• We eliminate land disturbance as much as possible
• Removal of all equipment after its use and the rehabilitation of the land
SURFACE AND GROUNDWATER:
• Design of the entire ISR complex to ensure minimal solution loss
• Use of a net of monitoring wells to monitor the groundwater levels and prevent any leakage
• Groundwaters are remediated simultaneously with the mining activities
FLORA & FAUNA:
• Protection of all significant open waters and vegetation
• To provide other water sources for wildlife outside of site
• Proper waste and recyclable disposal off site
• Revegetate areas after their use
• Spill control and containment plans
• Carry out seminars for worker on how to not disturb nature and wildlife
• Regular measurements for radiation taken
• Radioactive materials properly stored, treated and handled according to regulations applicable
• Radiation protection training for all employees
• Radiation exposure measured and managed for all employees
• Plan to avoid all leakage and seepage from pumps and pipes
• Upon decommissioning, lab results must prove that treatment process is sufficient
IN PARTIKULAR, WE UNDERSTAND THAT IMPORTANT ROLE WE PLAY IN THE COMMUNITIES WE OPERATE IN AND STRIVE TO LEAVE A LASTING POSITIVE IMPACT. OUR IMPACT ON THE COMMUNITY EXPANDS BEYOND THE ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF TAX REVENUES, JOBS, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT. WE FURTHER SUPPORT OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES ECONOMICALLY AND BY ORGINIZING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES:
• We listen to the concerns of the local community
• We help to set out favorable conditions for the development and growth of the local community by supporting social, schooling and training programs
• We create new job opportunities in scope of the mining project itself, as well as in supporting services
• Our aim and goal is to recruit our employees foremostly in the local communities and provide them with necessary training not only in the different fields of actual mining and processing, but also in environmental remediation activities, technical services etc.
• We support educational and leisure activities for local youth and children
• We understand the importance of qualified healthcare and the vital role it plays for the local community. Our goal is to promote the development of local healthcare, which will be available to our employees and all members of the local community